They are seeking to hire a Cleaning Supervisor. The Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining staffing records and monitoring day-to-day operations of Cleaning maintenance staff while ensuring to cultivate positive and lasting customer (tenant) relationships. The Cleaning Supervisor will work to create and maintain an attractive and welcoming environment while upholding cleanliness standards within the buildings.
- Cultivate strong and positive relationships with tenants as result of timely responses to various issues and complaints.
- Must be on call 24 hours in order to respond to emergencies such as floods, fire and snow.
- Continuously strive to develop and implement programs that increase productivity and profitability.
- Ensure proper safety training of the Cleaning team which includes OSHA compliance and monthly refreshers and track all training.
- Train employees in all facets of janitorial work and ensure that industry standards are always upheld through the use of inspections and feedback from customers (tenants) and building management.
- Track all active team members within the Cleaning portfolio and track any vacancies and openings accordingly. Interview candidates for Cleaning seasonal and regular fulltime positions.
- Meet with Payroll Administrators and process weekly payroll accordingly.
- Work directly with the Foreperson(s) to ensure requests and complaints are addressed within a timely manner.
- Daily building Quality Control inspection reports.
- Perform Quality Control Inspections periodically up to par with Tishman Speyer standards.
- Coordinate and implement business plans for transitioning newly acquired business, assisting in preparing proposals and estimates for additional and or new work that would be performed.
- Manage all interactions with customers (tenants) and building staff to ensure that all janitorial needs are met.
- Maintain the staffing section lists, attendance reports, and timekeeping.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Years of experience in Cleaning/operations – 10-15 years.
- Passion for maintaining cleanliness and safety standards while building strong customer (tenant) and employee relationships.
- 32BJ union experience a plus.
- Management and business operations experience required.
- Demonstrate integrity, accountability, and work with confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with eTime and ADP a plus.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English, verbally and written.
- Present a professional appearance and engage with their Hospitality program.
- Ability to travel between floors and buildings in order to effectively communicate with the team and customers (tenants).
- Must be able to stand for an extended period, at a minimum of 6 hours.
- Must be able to move large boxes of supplies and equipment within their office and stockroom up to a maximum of 35 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work outdoors with varying temperatures ranging from 0 – 100+.
*Onsite presence is required for this position.
The salary for this ranges between $95,000-$110,000 per year, based on experience.