A NY Investment Banking firm is looking for a Tax Manager to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of their company’s state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate will also have exposure to tax consulting / structuring. While the role will be heavy tax focused, the candidate should be open to exposure to other areas of the finance function such as fund accounting, budget and forecasting, an ad hoc projects both across tax and non tax issues.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role
- at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline.
- Extensive partnership tax knowledge. Exposure to individual and corporate taxation a bonus.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
The salary ranges between $150,000-$175,000, based on experience.