Our client is a leading pet industry startup based in Chicago. They are seeking an Accounting Associate to join the team. Amazing benefits include unlimited PTO! This position is hybrid and based 3 out of 5 days per week at their beautiful office in Chicago.
- Coordinate Annual and Quarterly filings
- Assist with preparation and management of budgets
- Prepare financial statements and coordinate audits
- Ensure proper expense coding and compliance
- Review and post journal entries to General Ledger
- Report, research, and correct variances
- Execute general account reconciliations
- Salary Range: $80-100k annually, based on experience
- Excellent benefits package includes health insurance, unlimited PTO, 401(k), and other unique perks!
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferred major in Finance, Accounting, or similar
- 2-4 years’ experience in Accounting
- Must have strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Precise, detail-oriented, and good with numbers
- Must be extremely proficient in Excel
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communicator with excellent follow-through
Gainor provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, national origin, immigration status, marital or familial status, citizenship status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, reproductive health decision making, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic or status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.